NC LIVE and netLibrary@ home
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Start your computer and connect to the Internet
2. Start your web browser (Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) and go to the TCCC Library website @ http://www.tricountycc.edu/directory/library.htm
When you see the “NC LIVE Remote Access User Validation” screen
· Use the mouse to select Tri-County Community College from the drop-down list
· TAB or mouse to the empty box labeled “Password:”
· Type your remote access password
· Press ENTER or click the SUBMIT button
What happens next?
NC LIVE will check to be sure the password you entered is the correct one for TCCC.
If the password is correct, you will see the next NC LIVE page.
· Choose the NC LIVE resource you want to search, and you’re off!
If the password is not correct, NC LIVE will display a screen with the message:
We were unable to validate your password. If you believe that this is in error, you can try again or contact your local library. Each NC LIVE member institution has a password for remote users. These credentials are distributed by librarians at each institution. Contact your local librarian to verify that the password you are using is valid.
· Click “try again” for another chance to enter the correct password.
· If you continue to have problems, contact the TCCC library @ 828/835-4314 for assistance.
How often will I have to give the password?
Your NC LIVE remote access authorization will last until you close (or exit) your web browser software, you disconnect from the Internet, or you shut down your computer.
You should only have to enter your password the first time you connect to NC LIVE each day. Even if you search several different NC LIVE databases over a period of several hours, your remote access authorization will continue. If you are asked for your library name and password again, simply enter them the same way you did when you started.
And when I’m through using NC LIVE @ home?
It’s a good idea to close your web browser software, which will end your remote access authorization.
For further assistance, contact the Library Staff at: